Wednesday, May 19, 2010

That black & white girl pair

No, I'm not racist. They said I should use that title.

So I'm lying in bed, kids are watching a movie, the doorbell rings.
I get up, look out the window, nothing.
I then look down to see if someone left something.
There was a FREAKIN TINY BABY ON MY DOORSTEP!!!!!!
I looked again to make sure.

So many things ran through my mind.
A split second thought was Woo Hoo!
Someone gave me their baby!! Don't judge me.
Then all the stories of guys leaving recordings of a baby cry
to lure out women to attack them.
I ran throughout the house locking everything, calling my in laws
to see if they were home to come over just in case.
I looked again, the baby wasn't moving, I couldn't tell if it was real.
So I did it. I called 911. You know what they said?
"All circuits are currently busy, please call back later."
Isn't that comforting. Good thing though,
cause then I saw her come & pick up the "baby." You stinker, you know who you are.
I run outside, crying at this point, & they're leaving.
They weren't sure if I was home so had come back to get the "baby."

After a few minutes, I was able to calm down.
Telling the girls they had freaked me out.
I had been about to lock my kids in the bathroom with water cups & a box of fishies.
All in all, it was just a prank.
Good thing 911 didn't answer so the girls didn't get in any trouble.
That thing looked so real through my window.
In all seriousness, if someone wants to give me their baby,
just give me a heads up first.

You silly, silly girls.


4 comments:

Rebekah said...

wow. That is awful. I have always wanted to find a baby too. I even think about how I could keep it without telling anyone. Babies are soooo precious! If someone gives you two make sure and give me one!!

Carrie said...

oh my word, why would anybody do that?

it would be nice if someone could just give you a baby instead of going through all the hard work of getting one, huh??

Francais Frit said...

What a prank. My goodness.

The Maire Family said...

oh my gosh! I don't know what I'd do in that situation. What a horrible thing to have to go through for nothing.