Friday, April 2, 2010

Shout out Friday

I was trying to rack my brain for something funny
to put here this morning for my shout out.
Then Jared showed me his new business cards.
Sigh.... my last name.
HASLETON
Pronounced Hazel-ton.
I blame it on the Norwegians when they came over.
Not that they did anything wrong. But oh this name of mine.
I see it spelled every which way.
Haselton Hazelton Haelston etc.
Don't get me wrong. I know I chose to have this as my name forever.
I never take offense when it's not spelled correctly.
I mean, who can blame anyone for spelling it wrong?
I even have to sound it out when I write it. Has - let - on
Sometimes my Mom even asks me how to spell it.
The best is when you are standing right there in front of someone,
you say (Hazelton) spelled H-A-S-L-E-T-O-N.
They say what? I spell it again, they still write it wrong.
But this is a new one my peeps!



I so love my last name.
Come on my fellow Hasleton family. What else have you got!!



2 comments:

kristin said...

AHHH so funny!

Lisa said...

I miss it. Nobody asks me anything about my name now, not even how to spell it. Sometimes I am asked my birthday though because it the only way to distinguish me from the other 107 Lisa Martins in the database.
It's also cool knowing that if there is a person named Hasleton out there, I am certainly related to him/her. We're a rare and wonderful breed.